Interviewing work and training programme 2016
Would you like to join us as a volunteer interviewer? In 2016 we are setting up a programme to train a dedicated team of interviewers to assist us in our core work of recording and sharing the experience and memories of alternative theatre practitioners.
We are looking for 8 volunteers who are interested in becoming Unfinished Histories interviewers and web page creators for the practitioners they interview. The work is comprehensive and we will be offering 3 training sessions with back up support to equip our volunteers with the relevant skills they will need when undertaking company interviews and creating the follow up web pages. This training programme is being financed by our recent, successful Crowdfunding campaign.
Please see examples of our interviews and accompanying pages here and by clicking on the names of some of our interviewees.
There are a number of stages involved in our interviewee work and the commitment we bring to ensuring the information we gather is disseminated and shared publicly. They are:
1. Researching, preparing and setting up the interview
2. Oral history training – running a interview, knowing which questions to ask, using recording equipment
3. Preparing a timed list of the main points covered in the interview
4. Choosing images from the interviewee’s personal archive with them, or other sources, to use on their web page & scanning
5. Selecting and editing extracts from the interview to use on the interviewees web page
6. Creating a biography, bibliography and any relevant links
7. Building the web page
8. Creating multiple copies of the interview and labeling for our various depositories and the interviewee
The first 2 training sessions will be held at the end of January/beginning of February 2016, 3-4 hours, and the third, late March/April when the trainees will have had chance to make their first interview.
If you would like to be considered for this programme and would like us to train you up to work directly with us as an Unfinished Histories interviewer please email us outlining your interest and we will be in touch.
They are many practitioners out there waiting to be interviewed about their alternative theatre work and we need help getting round them all! We look forward to hearing from you.